Call: 0333 600 9250 or CLAIM ONLINE

Trip/Slip Claims

We offer a free claim assessment with no obligation

Accidents in public places happen in a variety of ways. By law, local councils (for roads, footpaths and pavements) and private occupiers have a legal duty to maintain and keep public places safe.

Public liability and Occupier’s liability claims usually require evidence (photos) of the defect or a witness statement to prove liability. To support your claim, you should report the hazard and your injury to the appropriate local authority or to the occupier to make a note of your accident in the accident book if possible. You should also take names, addresses and contact numbers of any witnesses to the accident and photographs of the hazard if possible. If your injury arises due to uneven floors, such as a raised slab or pothole, then you should take photos with a 50p coin or a ruler against the defect to show the size of the defect.

If you have been injured as a result of a slip/ trip or fall in a public place (including road, footpath, and pavement) or a private building (supermarket, shop) due to uneven floor, pothole or other hazards, you may be entitled to claim for compensation.

For further information and to know how we can help, please get in touch with us at 0333 600 9250.

Alternatively, complete our online enquiry form or email your details to

Call us now on 0333 600 9250 or request a call back

Information on how we handle your data in our Privacy Policy.